- Office Location: MHA 5631 or SERF 337
- Office Phone: MHA: 858-534-0924 or SERF: 858-534-8914
- Email: email@example.com
- Administrative Contact: Bernie Camberos
- My main interests are the dark matter and the vacuum energy (aka dark energy) that are thought to make up more than 95% of the mass of the Universe. I am also interested in gravitational lensing, especially microlensing as it is used to search for normally invisible objects such as dark matter, black holes, dim stars, and extra-solar planets. I also work on other aspects of the early universe such as the production of supersymmetric dark matter, as well as other issues in theoretical and observational astrophysics and particle-astrophysics.
Elected to Fellowship in the American Physical Society. 2002
"For contributions to understanding the nature of dark matter, including the theory of relic abundance and detection of particle dark matter, and the theory, discovery, and interpretation of gravitational microlensing."
Chancellor's Associates Faculty Award 2002
Chancellor's Associates Faculty Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching, 2002
- - Fitting Photometry of Blended Microlensing Events, C.L.Thomas and K.Griest, ApJ, 640, 299 (2006).
- - Galactic Bulge Microlensing Events from the MACHO Collaboration, C.L. Thomas, K. Griest, P. Popowski, \etal, (MACHO collaboration) ApJ, 631, 906 (2005).
- - Microlensing Optical Depth towards the Galactic Bulge Using Clump Giants from the MACHO Survey, P. Popowski, K. Griest, C.L. Thomas, \etal, (MACHO collaboration) ApJ 631, 879 (2005).
- - The MACHO Project Large Magellanic Cloud Variable Star Inventory. XIII. Fourier Parameters for the First Overtone RR Lyrae Variables and the LMC Distance, C.Alcock, et al., AJ, 127, 334 (2004).
- - Geometry of the LMC Disk: Results from MACHO and 2MASS, S.Nikolaev, A.J.Drake, S.C.Keller, K.H.Cook, N.Dalal, K.Griest, D.L.Welch, and S.M.Kanbur, ApJ, 601, 260 (2004).
- - Variability Selected Quasars in MACHO Project Magenllanic Cloud Fields M.Geha, et al. (MACHO Collaboration), AJ 125, 1, 2003.
- - The MACHO Project LMC Variable Star Inventory XI. Frequency Analysis of the Fundamental Mode RR Lyrae Stars, C.Alcock, et.al., (MACHO Collaboration) ApJ, 598, 597 (2003).
- - Gravitational Microlensing Events Due to Stellar Mass Black Holes, D.P.Bennett, et al. (MACHO and MPS collaborations) ApJ 579, 639, (2002).
- - Toward a Possible Solution to the Cosmic Coincidence Problem, Physical Review D 66 123501 (2002).
- - Direct Detection of a Microlens in the Milky Way with C.Alcock, et al., Nature, 414, 617 (2001).